Review: Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

Leave a Comment

I have recently been using the Ole Henrickson Truth Serum after getting a deluxe sample size in a gift. I only use it on a night as underneath my current moisturiser, only reason for this that I don't use a serum throughout the day.

What they say:

'Like a daily vitamin for your face, this high powered vitamin C complex helps smooth out lines and wrinkles and prevents further damage. Loaded with antioxidants to fight off environmental aggressors and moisture-binding ingredients to keep your skin nourished and protected, Truth Serum - Collagen Booster is absorbed instantly and penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin to provide long term results. Sensitive skin prone to irritation will benefit immensely from the calming properties of this oil-free serum.'

What I think:

I can't speak so much for the lines and wrinkles, however I like the sound of it preventing further damage. The formula is apparently 'packed' full of vitamin C and antioxidants which is good for calming the skin and healing, which is what my skin really needs at the moment after a breakout! It certainly calmed redness associated with the breakouts so I was pretty chuffed with that. My skin felt calmer and dare I say it, nourished. I don't know weather it was the serum or the added moisturiser but my skin felt lovely the next day. I have been lazy on a few occasions and not bothered with the moisturiser and just plonked on the serum and I felt that this worked fine too.

The serum smells quite strongly of oranges (yummy!!), This may put some people off, so anyone sensitive
 to fragrance might want to test this product first before buying but personally I loved the smell and it didn't linger around any longer than it took for the product to absorb. I really am loving the smell of this product which is something I don't normally I'm face product, but it smelt good enough to eat. I'm having major Terry's chocolate Orange cravings at the moment though so that might be why? Gone off on one now so back to the product..... 

It has a pump dispenser (yey!) I'm a lover of pump dispensers, and comes in a glass bottle. The only problem with the pump dispenser is that sometimes the product kinds of 'crystalises' in the pump and shoots out after a hard push of the pump, but other than that its perfect, The pump doesn't pump out too much product and two pumps was enough for full face easily.

This formula is oil free and advertised as good for all skin types. I know some oils can cause irritation and breakouts to some skin types so this means most people will get on with this product pretty well, especially since you can add your moisturiser on top too. I have to say I'm pretty happy with this product so far and will continue to use the product till it finishes. Although I love it loads I'm yet to decide weather I will re purchase, mainly due to justifying spending £47 on a serum at the moment. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it! Ha... Or maybe I'm just being a cheapskate :)

If you have been looking to buy this product, then I would recommend this. It didn't cause any breakout, smoothed and gave me back some lustre :) It also calmed any irritation so I really can't fault this product at all.

Hope everyone is well :)

Siobhan xxx




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig